Monday, February 22, 2010

Rock Diaries part 1--and ANSWERS!!!!!

http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/36/3601/W2BEF00Z/sam-appleman-rock-guitar.jpg


Yes, I am a music freak!! I am open about that because it is just who I am. Music fuels me in a way few other things do. I was raised in a Christian home and not able to listen to secular music growing up, but you find ways.

I searched out dark rock bands like Grim Reaper and Queensryche ("Operation Mindcrime" is still in my opinion one of the best albums EVER.. No one can sing like Geoff Tate) I fed on AC/DC and Metallica whenever I could. I always had an AC/DC t-shirt on under my pretty and prim school clothes I was forced to wear.

When hair bands and glam rock became popular I deviated a bit from the hard core (because they had better make up!) and bands like Winger, Poison and Great White ruled my Psyche.

This is the second time I have seen Great White, the last time I was more age appropriate (wink). Nothing can bring you back like Great White's hits "Rock Me" and "Save All Your Love" and of course "Once Bitten Twice Shy" (what respectable rocker chic DIDN'T want to be that chic on the tour bus,,, blush).

Those songs STILL went right through me last night and there, at age 39 standing behind stage (we knew band members so we had access, yay us!!) I felt young again (and strangely naughty). I was the old lady in a tight skirt having to go UNDER the bars like a bad limbo scene instead of over like the jeans wearers, but I got lots of "help" and compliments on the maneuver so it was OK,, until today when I feel like I spent the night in a cement truck.

There is a thrill to the rock scene. When a lead singer (to an opening band) came down during a guitar interlude and walked straight over to me to tell me how cute I was and hug me, I must say it felt nice (scary groupie thoughts entered). When it happened a few more times,, it just felt skeeeeevvy...smiling.

I will share the going ons of the day in another blog. Me and CrimeScene had an interesting time to say the least. I was fierce in my protection role. And there is Monchichi (her weird looking band boy crush) news that is hilarious to say the least.

My rocker chic eyes:


..lots of sparkles...I heart sparkles!!


Our friends "Core" playing


Great White-----Oh the memories-----Gotta love 80's Hair bands!!



But hark,,,,,,, I have a few questions to answer from my Saturday post..

Wanna hear them?? Of course you do!! Here I go:

Mac asked:

WTF?

Well Mac this is certainly a good question however it is missing the Subjunctive phrase, for example:

WTF are YOU doing??

or

WTF is WRONG with you??

So I can only assume you forgot to write the Subjunctive phrase and your question to me was supposed to be:

WTF is someone so beautiful and intelligent doing in Ocala when you should be rich and famous in a Hollywood mansion?

A: Mac, I gave my big movie roles to Angelina Jolie because she was feeling a little negative about herself and her body image was diminishing (I introduced her to Brad AFTER our fling, me and Jen still don't talk). And then decided I like the simple life of raising hellions and getting to be one on the side every few months (wanna see my "Kiss me I'ma MILF" tattoo??? laughing hysterically). Also not having enough money to survive is more challenging and makes me feel "ALIVE" so I gave everything to charity and now live as one of the commoners here in the land of few teeth.

RawkinRobyn asks:

If you could be an animal which one would you be and why?

A: Well Robyn I think being a wolf mutant is pretty trendy right now, but since I am not a trendy type gal I must say that being a platypus intrigues me. They are the transformers of nature and can multi-task in any given situation. They also have a distinct quirkiness that I have trademarked in my everyday life and are ALL stand-up comedians (bet you didn't know that,, this blog really is an educational outlet isn't it??). If you ever get the chance to go to one of their comedy shows,, sit in the back,, the first three rows are splash zones!

http://southofheaven.typepad.com/south_of_heaven/images/2008/05/12/platypus_cartoon.jpg

Jan asks: How much sleep do you routinely get?

A: I am sleeping now, I will answer when I wake up, I am also blow drying my hair in the bathtub after having just being caught by my grade school principal running with scissors while eating copious amounts of paste and ogling Jack Lemmon who is wearing fruit on his head and was the janitor, but this may all be a dream. A very bizarre dream. The Walmart greeter just showed up! I gotta go!


........any thing else you guys would like to know???????

8 Seducing Deductions:

Anonymous said...

Oh you make me laugh ....and laugh ....and laugh. I love your answer to WTF!!!

Sounds like you were running with a pretty wild crowd over the weekend. I'm wondering how they kept up with YOU!

I bet you are so much fun, and really -- why aren't you in that mansion? Although I don't know if they would appreciate you as much as we do!

Ca88andra said...

Your childhood sounds like mine! Except I was into Led Zepplin and Deep Purple, Meatloaf, Queen and David Bowie!

Blasé said...

If you don't mind, I'm going to sit here and gaze into your new profile pic's eyes...

The Savage said...

What? No Tim Buck 3?

The Invisible Seductress said...

Jan- smiling---come out sometime!!! HUGS!!!!!

Ca88andra- that's good stuff too!!! Still and always!!

Blase-smiling--wink...

Savage- Looking them up now..That's a new one to me! Always looking for new music!!

mac said...

Those hair bands are OK - if you're a girl!

Motorhead is for MEN !!!

I will give you Queensryche. They rock!

MILF,
Now, I've got an oedipus complex... Oh, you're younger than me. What would one call that?

And, your right eye looks fabulous ;-)

Anonymous said...

This was interesting, it kept me entertained.
"I am sleeping now" that is funny.

Secretia

The Invisible Seductress said...

Mac-Motorhead rocks!! Girls like em too!! Yes Queensryche---sigh---all day everyday!!! Thank you bout the right eye compliment- ever since I had the left one removed, the right one has been overcompensating by being fabulous!!!!!! left eye wink...

Secretia- love when you show up- you are like a hot celebrity therapist for me!!! hugs

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, The Seductress gets a tickle!!

giggle, snort....and maybe she pees a little...but it's still cute....really...