Thursday, February 25, 2010

Don't read this-it's boring

Been thinking a lot about what I really want to do right now. It is consuming me. I am coming from a career of 21 years behind a desk, prim and proper, with a professional air. It suited me-- or so I thought. I am in fact still in pursuit of that job where I am looked upon as the intelligent go getter with the killer looks (yup-just added that right in,, don't laugh,, it was a self pity thing- it's a bad hair day--gimme a break--just nod and agree,, yes,, the KILLER LOOKS,, OK,, I am better now!).

But I find myself becoming less and less interested in those politics and more suited to pursue the creative nature I have. No there won't be huge-ass sculptures of Circus Peanuts and Green Olive sexual hook-ups or paintings with Walmart greeters as my muse. But I am talking about being more closely in tune with who I am as a person. I can be a cut-throat salesperson, but do I LIKE that trait? I can say what THEY want to hear, but does that make me proud? I am trying to tell my kids that they can be ANYTHING they want but maybe I don't believe that I can actually achieve that.

It does not help that there are no jobs out there that are not straight commission type positions. Sure if I had back up income I would hop right over and do that,,, but I don't. It's just me and my awesomeness. And my mascara addiction.

I think what is going to happen is an in-between job that I hate. And I will make the best of it until I don't have to. Isn't that what 95% of us do ANYWAY???? Why am I thinking I am an exception? So now........

I say to myself.........it's time to:


SUCK IT UP NANCY!!!!!!

......and in the mean time try soooooo hard not to get all pierced, tattoo'd and purple haired....sigh.....I hate being responsible!!!



Please enjoy this picture of a Green Olive and Peanut Butter sandwich:

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens4133382module28395242photo_1240171506PBandolives.jpg

10 Seducing Deductions:

TS Hendrik said...

I wish I could sell. Job market has been so horrible lately. But I just don't have the right personality for it.

Olive and peanut butter? I'm kind of intrigued by the combination.

mac said...

My sales skills suck!
To top it off, I'm not fond of doing it. I've worked labor type jobs all my life, because I don't like offices. Or rather, I don't like being confined day in and day out.

But I agree. It can be hard to break free from a work mold once one has been doing it long.

And, Peanut Butter goes well with anything. I am a Peanut Butter freak!

Anonymous said...

*sighs* damn it everytime I come here you just keep getting more... Oh well I had better stop that.

Your eyes in the new picture... WOW


green olives, really?

Blasé said...

I wouldn't advise anyone to work in any 'sales' field at this time.

I love your reverse psychology.

Anonymous said...

I've done sales -- it's very stressful. You're constantly trying to "close" the deal. If you do sell, you're loved by your boss for that day. The next day you're a loser again until you make the sale. It's hard, hard, hard mentally and emotionally. Your hours are at the mercy of your customers. Do Not Sell. It has the potential to crush you!!!

Why do I always feel like I'm telling you what "not" to do?

I want you to take this blog and have it bound into a book and sell it! You are a wonderful and gifted writer.

Also -- I'll talk to you more about the popcorn ceiling later. I think I have an idea for you (which I saw on another blog).

So think about your ceiling again. Stay where you have a guaranteed income and no sales pressure.

If you want further advice on any other aspect of your life, email me!

The Invisible Seductress said...

TS- lets do PB&O lunch soon..wink sounds fun!!!

Mac- I don't like who I am when I am selling the way they say it HAS to be done..and I'm with you on the office thing.Just praying for some good leads..hugs

Sir- You are quite charming!!! And your steamy writings help me daydream about the good stuff!! XXX's

Blase- Thanks for the advice. I know you are right!! and you are smaht,,so that helps a lot!!

Jan- My hero!!!!!!You always make me smile and feel better bout things! I need that so much!! Will think about ceilings again!! We'll chat soon I hope!!! hugs!!!!!!

The Savage said...

I've been told I gots me some mad sales skillz....

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Keep faith. You and your awesomeness and mascara and olives and peanut butter will make it to a meaningful place.
Why the false title of this post, though? You are never boring.
Hugs,
Robyn

Ca88andra said...

Nothing you could write would ever be boring! And I bet you are a very creative sales person...

The Invisible Seductress said...

Savage- I wanted to buy from you the first time I met ya!! What was it you were selling again?? wink wink smiling

RR- I am trying--really I am--thanks for the help!! Hugs back--and blogs like yours make me want to stay home and laugh!!!

Ca88andra- Thanks--I thought it was a little off-been a little down..Hugs

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, The Seductress gets a tickle!!

giggle, snort....and maybe she pees a little...but it's still cute....really...