Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What have I forgotten lately?????


Photobucket

I forgot that I'm human and therefore not perfect

I forgot what it feels like to be unconditionally loved, but not what it feels like when it stops

I forgot that I need to be with others, and not push them away because I am scared

I forgot that I am worthy

I forgot that me doing the right thing, doesn't always mean the right thing is done

I forgot that the ones who said they will always be there and weren't, must have forgotten what it feels like to find out some one's not

I forgot that pain is supposed to make you stronger, if it does not kill you

I forgot that you might not see all of my flaws as harshly as I do

I forgot that it's OK to lose at one game if you're not afraid to start another

I forgot how strong depression is and how weak we become when lost in it

I forgot that being alone can happen when you're not

I forgot what a real kiss feels like

I forgot that being loved and being in love is too different things

I forgot that hope doesn't always guarantee that what you hoped for, is what you actually needed

I forgot how important my smile is to others

I forgot how important my smile was to me

I forgot that one battle ending does not mean you won the fight

I forgot that the tiniest life raft looks like a yacht to someone who is drowning

I forgot my storm was never yours

I forgot having my love would be YOUR honor

I forgot what it feels like to look forward to the night ending and the sun hitting my skin

I forgot that laughing AT myself isn't always the best medicine

I forgot that sometimes being selfish is not

A post like this clears up some things in my head. Maybe there are some things you have forgotten, I could go on and on but it comes down to one thing:

Remembering is harder than forgetting sometimes.

20 Seducing Deductions:

Grace said...

This did remind me of some things I'd forgotten. And yes, remembering is harder than forgetting...I say that to my therapist all the time...

Ricky Shambles said...

Remember the storm eventually ends.

Remember to look at the clouds: they are magic in the air.

Remember the stars: a photon spent hundreds of millions of years travelling through the universe to say "hi" in your eye.

Remember you are a soul with a body, not a body with a soul.

Remember "hate" should never be a word in anyone's vocabulary.

And, mostly, remember the Universe has existed for 14 billion years - exploded stars and destroyed worlds - to put the atoms together to put the molecules together to organize our sun and solar system, create life, and evolve it to a point of thought and civilization where you're sitting there, reading this.

That's got to be something.

Marlene said...

Did you forget your Ginko Biloba? I hear it does wonders for memory issues.

*snort*

(Ok, all kidding aside....you've written a powerful post!)

The Bipolar Diva said...

It looks as if I've forgotten many things as well.

Cheeseboy said...

Note to self: Do not forget to read seductress blog.

My favorite was the one about the greediness.

Unknown said...

Yes.. there are things that I too have forgotten. Thanks for the reminders.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You are amazing. This piece is so beautiful and profound. I can relate to pretty much all of it, and I especially like the one about doing the right thing. Don't ever forget how wonderful you are!!
Big hugs,
xoRobyn

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post...but one thing you can never forget and that it is you and only you can that determine who you want to be :-)

Anonymous said...

hey whats my name?

I told you right?

or was it you...

oh hell help please....

Anonymous said...

It looks like I have forgotten a lot of things as well. But sometimes its better to forget. Other times its helps to just remember.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when you forget things, you get the joy of rediscovering them, like finding that $5 bill that you forgot was in your pocket. Woo-hoo! But I'm like you too, sometimes I forget the really important stuff, like to breath and eat and sleep. - G

IT (aka Ivan Toblog) said...

I forgot that I have friends who will remind me if I forget.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Very moving.
I was going to say I forgot what I ate for dinner last night, but that's not very deep...

Anonymous said...

you have always been my tiny life raft ...i miss your giggles in the night...i miss your drunken flirts...i miss how you erotically wipe the droplets of sweat from your nose when your in the middle of owning someones ass on the pool table..i mostly just miss us-laurie and jannine ♥ divaluscious!

1ManView said...

Life is short, so I have cut my list short over the years...
Quiet before the storm is all i need. WHen life gets quiet, I know its time to brace for the storm... Great post...

mac said...

I was visiting my uncle the other day. He told me he has been seeing a dr for his memory issues.
I asked if it was doing any good, he told me it had improved his memory by 200%.

"That's great" I said. "What's the dr's name, in case I start having the same problems?"

He said,
"Uh, ahhh, it's uhmmm, shoot, it's, I dunno. Ahh, Ohhhh, what do you call that flower thing that you get your sweetheart on importand days?"

"A rose, Uncle Joe?"

"Yeah, that's it ! *yells into kitchen* Hey, Rose, what's that dr's name?"
______________________________


Yanno, I know you think you forgot. But, you did remember enough to make the list???

Mel Dupla Personalidade said...

Oi! Passando para te conhecer.
Adorei teu blog! Lindooooooo.
Se puder visita meu cantinho, adoro novas amizades e troca de idéias.
Já te seguindo!
Bjs doces como mel!

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` *♥ Mel Dupla Personalidade ♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥

Anonymous said...

I hope you remember some of those things soon. Powerful stuff you have here.

Powdered Toast Man said...

This is too deep. Where is the zany seductress that I usually run into here?

Mike's Common Sense said...

There is something for everyone to mull about here.

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, The Seductress gets a tickle!!

giggle, snort....and maybe she pees a little...but it's still cute....really...