Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I notice things....

I notice that the "weed" in my yard is the perfect shade of yellow that gradiates down into the center like a sunburst. I wonder,, if it had been found in a different time and place,, would it be as cherished as a rose?

I notice a little boy, with bright blue eyes, pulling on his mother's shirt to show her a picture he has drawn for her, but she is tied up in a conversation. I see his little face change from a bright light, to sadness. I wonder,, how many times have I missed my own children's excited tugs, while battling the worlds interuptions?

I notice the teenager with an overcontrolling boyfriend, pulling her away forcefully from her friends. I wonder,, did anyone take the time to tell her she is worth much more than that?

I notice the mom, pushing a shopping cart with children in tow, visibly worried about every item she places in an almost empty cart, watching the scanner and calculating it's damage, a prayer with every beep. I wonder,, do others notice me doing the same?

I see a dog, chained in a yard, surrounded by dirt, no shelter from the elements. He watches as another dog strolls by on a leash with a doting owner. I wonder,, does his heart sink with loss or is he contented to be a yard ornament?

I notice the business man, veins bursting, fist tightened as he drives his Mercedes and screams into the phone. I wonder, is the car worth the stress?

I notice my girls looking in the mirror at their bodies, questioning. I wonder, have my own insecurities jaded them already, or do I still have time?

I notice my comments when I tell bad jokes and long stories and you still read. I wonder, how did I get so lucky!

I notice the seed pods falling down from the trees like miniature helicopters in a botanical army and the dandelions sending out beautiful twirling ballerinas with every wisp of wind. I wonder, why did we ever have to grow up?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

6 Seducing Deductions:

Iron Criterion said...

What a hauntingly poignant post...

Anonymous said...

oh. i just LOVE this! i can tell, you are a kind soul. :) i just know it!! *giggles*

LoneIslander said...

And now I'm semi-depressed and need to hug my dog.

Kal said...

Beautiful

Until Death do us Party said...

I notice that you need a hug wink...

Mr Fun

Anonymous said...

you mind has always amazed me...

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, The Seductress gets a tickle!!

giggle, snort....and maybe she pees a little...but it's still cute....really...